Instructor PolicySeptember 3, 2021 2021-12-25 13:36
These Terms & Conditions shall govern the relationship between you, the Instructor, and us, Vedanta Educational Academy, including but not limited to matters such as your Course(s) hosted on our Platform, your interaction with the Students, the payments receivable by you, etc. and all matters dealt with hereunder. You are hereby notified that if you are not willing to accept the Terms & Conditions hereinbelow in their entirety, then you must not register on the Platform as a Instructor or use, access, or view any part thereof.
- A) The terms, words, and phrases used in these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) shall have the meaning as defined hereinbelow:
“Account” – this shall be understood as referring to your login account on the Platform, using which you can access and use the Platform, including for offers, teaching, or evaluating any Course.
“List Price” – this shall be understood as referring to the price for a Course as listed on the Platform for our Users; we shall have the full and exclusive discretion in setting the List Price over and above the Base Price;
“Platform” – this shall be understood as referring to the website ( https://www.vedantaeducationalacademy.com), the mobile application(com.vedantaeducationalacademy), any other means for accessing the said website or its contents, APIs, all services provided by us for accessing/viewing the said website, any and every content posted, accessible, available or hosted on the said website, etc.;
“Student” – this shall be understood as referring to a User of the Platform who enrolls in any of your Courses at any point in time or intends to enroll in your Course.
“Instructor” – this shall be understood as referring to you, a person who accesses, visits or uses the Platform or any part thereof with the intent of offering, teaching, evaluating in any manner whatsoever and through any means whatsoever any Course;
“Teaching Content” – this shall be understood as referring to any and every content posted by you on the Platform concerning your Course, including but not limited to lectures, quizzes, exercises, practice tests, resources, answers, course landing page content, announcements, responses to student comments/queries, etc;
“we,” “our,” “us,” and all like terms shall be understood as referring to Vedanta Educational Academy which owns, operates, manages, and runs the Platform; and
“you,” “your,” and all like terms shall be understood as referring to the other party entering into these Terms with us, Vedanta Educational Academy
- B) All other terms, words, and phrases used in these Terms shall be understood to mean their natural and ordinary meaning.
- C) It is clarified that the headings to clauses are provided only for convenience and cannot be construed to limit guide or impact in any manner the contents of their respective clause.
- A) You will need an Account for fully accessing and benefitting from the Platform, including, but not limited to, for offering, teaching, or evaluating any Course.
- B) When you register on the Platform for an Account, you are bound to provide all information correctly. You are further bound to update the Account as and when any information provided by you while registering no longer holds.
- C) Your Account cannot be transferred, assigned, or shared with any person whatsoever without our prior permission in writing.
- D) You are fully and completely liable for any and every action did through or by your Account. You are bound to ensure the secrecy and safety of your Password at all times. If you have reason to believe that your Password has come to the knowledge of any person then you are bound to immediately inform us and change your Password. If any damage results to us or any Student, User, or any third person as a result of actions from your Account then you shall be liable for the same and any belief or knowledge that someone may have accessed and operated your Account shall not be a defence to the said liability.
- E) In the event of your account being compromised, we will share your new login credentials, after due verification, only to the email address which you had provided at the time of registration of your Account. If you wish to change the email address provided at the time of registration of your Account you must write to us and only after due verification will your email address be changed in your Account.
- F) We will not share or change the login credentials of any Account except as per the procedure prescribed hereinabove. In the event of your death, your Account will be de-activated, upon receiving legal verification of death.
- G) You must be legally competent to contract with us in your jurisdiction for registering and setting up an account with us.
- H) We fully and exclusively reserve the right to terminate any Account in the event of a violation of any provisions of these Terms or any other terms which may apply to the Account.
- I) You shall have the full right to de-activate your account at any time.
- J) You hereby agree that once you have de-activated your Account then you shall not be permitted by us to make another account with the same email address for a period of 90 days from the date of said de-activation.
- Conditions applicable to Teaching Content and the actions/conduct of Instructor
- A) You hereby consent and undertake to be fully and entirely responsible and liable for the Teaching Content. You further represent and warrant that:
- you are legally entitled to, by owning or having the necessary copyright, licenses, rights, consents, permissions, and authority, authorize us to use your Teaching Content as specified in these Terms;
- your Teaching Content does not infringe, violate or misappropriate any Third Party’s Intellectual Property Rights;
- you have the appropriate qualifications, experience, and/or expertise to offer, teach and evaluate your Course through your Teaching Content and use of the Platform;
- you will respond with reasonable promptness to every Student’s comments/ queries posted concerning any part of your Teaching Content; and
- you will evaluate, as part of your Course, every Student without bias or favor of any kind.
- B) You further represent and warrant that you will not:
- post, share, or provide on the Platform, as part of your Teaching Content any inappropriate content, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, defamatory, or libelous.
- post, share, provide or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Platform to any Student or any user of the Platform;
- use the Platform for any commercial, illegal, immoral or other activity besides the stated purpose of offering, teaching and evaluating courses;
- as part of the offering, teaching and evaluating any Course to Students engage in any actions that would oblige us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including but not limited to any royalty relating to the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- the frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services;
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other Instructors from providing their services or courses; or
- in any manner whatsoever circumvent, violate, misappropriate, or otherwise abuse any part of or any service provided on/through the Platform.
- C) You further represent and warrant that you will not provide any Teaching Content which is available Free on any or all media channels/Organisation Website or ownership of any Individual/Organisation. If you wish to publish such a course, your content is ruled under the following terms.
- Teaching Content must be published Free on vedantaeducationalacademy.com, and the Instructor shall not receive any benefit from such.
- If Instructor wish to publish the Teaching content to earn any benefits, the Instructor shall necessarily remove the available Teaching content from any or all media channels/Organisation Website or ownership of any individual/Organisation
- Failing to meet these terms shall see legal action including a permanent ban from the platform against the identified Instructor. Any benefit for the Instructor in this case will be confiscated with immediate effect.
- License to Vedantaeducationalacademy.com
You will retain ownership of your Teaching Content, however, you hereby grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license, including the right to sublicense, to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute your Teaching Content and any part thereof through any or all media or distribution methods. The said License also includes making your Teaching Content available to other companies, organizations, or individuals who partner with us for syndication, broadcast, distribution, or publication of content on other media.
You hereby consent and agree that we shall grant a license to the Teaching Content as per our Terms and Conditions for Students to any User who duly enrolls for the Course on payment of the amounts applicable to said Course. You hereby consent and undertake that you shall not provide the License to your Teaching Content or otherwise allow access to the same to any User or person directly or by excluding the participation/ involvement of the Platform.
You hereby freely, willingly and without restriction grant to Vedanta Educational Academy, the rights detailed hereinabove for offering, marketing, and otherwise exploiting your Teaching Content, and at our sole discretion, to sublicense it to students, directly or through third parties. You further expressly grant us the right to add captions to or otherwise modify the Teaching Content or any part thereof for improving accessibility, comfort, and ease.
You shall have the right to withdraw any Course from the Platform at any time through a Notice being served on us for the said purpose. Unless you revoke the said Notice, the concerned Course will be removed from the Platform for new Users within two weeks from the date of receipt by us of the said Notice. It is clarified that (1) rights given to any Student before the Course’s removal will continue under the terms of those licenses (including any grants of lifetime access) and (2) our right to use such Course for marketing purposes shall survive such withdrawal/ removal.
You hereby grant us your express and full consent for recording or monitoring all or any part of your Teaching Content for quality assessment & review, as well as, for marketing & promotion and for demonstration or guidance on using the Platform or any part thereof. You further permit us to use your name, likeness, voice, and image for the aforementioned purposes only. You hereby expressly waive your right of privacy to the extent you have consented and permitted us to use any part of your Teaching Content and your name, likeness, voice, and image, for the purposes mentioned hereinabove in this Clause.
- Trust & Safety
- A) Trust & Safety Policies
You hereby always consent and agree to comply with our quality standards for Courses and other policies prescribed by us from time to time. You always undertake to regularly review these policies for any updates and to stay compliant with the same.
We reserve the sole and exclusive right to remove any Course or any part of Teaching Content, suspend pay-outs, and/or ban you at any time, without prior notice, if in our opinion and satisfaction you violate any of the aforementioned policies, including but not limited to:
- Instructor or Course not complying with our aforementioned policies or these Terms.
- The course falls below the prescribed quality standards or harms the Students.
- Instructor, whether as part of teaching the Course or otherwise, acts in a manner that may reflect unfavourably on us or bring us to public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule.
- The Instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates vedantaeducationalacademy.com policies; or Instructor evaluates a Student with unreasonable bias or favor; or
- Instructor solicits or attempts to solicit positive feedback from Students.
- B) Relationship to Students
You will only receive limited information from the Students. You hereby consent and undertake that you will not use the data shared with you for any unlawful or immoral purposes, and that you will use the said data only for offering, teaching or evaluating the Course and providing related services.
You hereby consent and undertake that at no point in time will you take any steps, actions, or measures to solicit any personal information from any Student such as their physical location or mobile numbers. The violation of this undertaking will entitle us to de-activate your account and/or suspend your Courses without any compensation for the same. Furthermore, you undertake to indemnify us if any steps, actions, or measures taken by you in violation of the aforementioned condition leads to any claim being filed against us by a Student or any other person.
- C) Anti-Piracy Efforts
We may contract with anti-piracy vendors to protect every part of your Courses on the Platform from unauthorized or illegal use. For the aforesaid purpose, you hereby consent and agree to appoint us and our chosen anti-piracy vendors as the agents on your behalf for enforcing the copyright for any and every part of your Courses, through notice and/or takedown processes, as well as, such other efforts as may be necessary to enforce your legal rights. You hereby agree and consent to grant us and our chosen anti-piracy vendors the primary authority for filing notices and enforcing copyright interests on your behalf.
You hereby consent and agree that we and our chosen anti-piracy vendors will retain the rights aforementioned unless and until you revoke the same by Notice to firstname.lastname@example.org, sent from the Email ID associated with your Account. Your said revocation will be effective after 48 hours from the receipt by us of said Notice.
- D) Feedback from Users
You are free to request Feedback from Students who have completed your Course subject to your compliance with the following terms.
You agree that you will not directly or indirectly induce any Student to provide a particular review; neither will you reward nor punish a Student for giving a particular review.
If any Student offers to provide you with a particular review in return for consideration then you shall decline the same and report the same to us promptly.
You agree that while seeking Feedback from Students you will not directly or indirectly indicate/ state that they provide a particular review. You will only in general terms seek review of the course or particular aspects of the course without making any positive statements while seeking review.
In the event you are found to have violated the aforementioned conditions or to have manipulated the reviews of your Course or that of any other Instructor in any manner whatsoever then we shall have the full right and discretion to take action against you as per our Escalation Process described in these Terms.
- A) Price Setting
- Value Traction Program
For Instructors under this program the courses will be sold at a value pricing to gain a pricing advantage while the course is in high demand and optimising the pricing while there is low traction to maintain an optimum balance towards revenues and engagement pulling out the revenue commitment.
The minimum pricing of the courses under this program would be 250
The Instructor recommendation is highly appreciated
There is only one Dynamic pricing for the course and that would be the selling price. There is no concept of MBP(Minimum Base Price) and MSP(Minimum Sale Price) under this program
- We ensure at any point in time the course cost is not going below Rs 250 towards a sale.
- Based on the high engagement slots for the month the course is optimally priced during our high and mid traction daily time slots.
- To keep Transparency & convenience in understanding your sales, your dashboard will record transactions on the sale price & Platform Fee Deduction will reflect in your settlement email.
- General Engagement Program
You will have the right to elect whether you would like to provide your Course for Free or for an amount (Base Price). For Instructors under any this Program, the quoted amount (Base Price) for a course by the Instructor is considered as the “Minimum Base Price” (MBP) for the course. Without touching Instructor MBP, vedantaeducationalacademy.com will add a “Maximum Sale Cut-Off Price” (MSP) on the course based on the pricing cut-off inputs received from our data science and analytics wing for our learners. “Base Price” can be discussed by Instructors with their respective IRM(Instructor Relation Manager) for an optimal price. The difference between the MBP and MSP is purely vedantaeducationalacademy.com earning. Vedantaeducationalacademy.com will ensure that benefits are getting delivered to Instructors on the MBP.
- Base Prices once set can be modified by the Instructor post discussion with IRM
- Setting a base price higher than the recommended category price as shared by the IRM may curb the selling power of the course.
- Base Prices cannot be modified more than once within 30 days.
- To keep Transparency & convenience in understanding your sales, your dashboard will record transactions on MBP & Platform Fee Deduction will reflect in your settlement email.
- B) List Pricing
The List Price for your Course will include, in addition to the Base Price, Maximum sale Cut-Off price, the applicable taxes, statutory charges, or levies, which shall be collected and remitted by us to the concerned authorities.
A) Revenue Share
When a student purchases your course, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount received by vedantaeducationalacademy.com from the student and based on the program enrolled by the Instructor the revenue share would be calculated and paid to the Instructors
Vedantaeducationalacademy.com makes all Instructor payments in Indian Rupees (INR) regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. We will assume transaction processing fees, excluding foreign currency conversion fees, and wiring fees. Your revenue report will show the sales price (in local currency) and your converted revenue amount (in INR).
- Value Traction Program
- Any Instructor enrolled in this program, The revenue split is 55% and 45% on the Sale value of the course. 55% for Instructors and 45% for Vedantaeducationalacademy.com Respectively
- We ensure at any point in time the course cost is not going below Rs 250 towards a sale.
- Sale of any promoted course or organic course the revenue share will not be affected
- Sale value of each course would be available for Instructors. In order to enable transperency of revenue generated through the course
B) Receiving Payments
For receiving timely payments from us, you are required to provide us with and at all times keep updated and accurate information relating to your Bank Account, the Email ID registered with your Bank Account, details relating to your PAN Card and Aadhar Card. You must also provide any identifying information or tax documentation (such as a PAN or Aadhar) necessary for the payment of amounts due, and You hereby agree that we may withhold taxes from your payments as mandated by law. We reserve the right to withhold payments or impose other penalties if we do not receive proper identifying information or tax documentation from you. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any taxes on your income
. Instructor Payment Overview
Here are the steps involved in Vedanta’s payment schedule for instructors.
- As an instructor, a contract is signed with the Vedanta Educational Academy.
- The instructor’s paid course is submitted for review and published on Vedanta Educational Academy.com
- In the first month(Month 1), if your course receives paid enrollments, student fees are transferred to Vedanta Educational Academy, and Vedanta Educational Academy deducts transaction taxes and other fees from that amount as listed in the Instructor Terms.
- Month 2: Vedanta Educational Academy, processes refunds, corrections, and other adjustments.
- Month 2: On 10th Vedanta Educational Academy pays instructor [(total Month 1 student payments after applicable deductions – total refunds) x % revenue share]. Expected payment dates and the payment amount for a specific month are posted on your Revenue Report. All payments to instructors are from Vedanta Educational Academy.
We fully and exclusively reserve the discretion to not pay the amounts due to you if any instance of fraud, violations of intellectual property rights, or other violations of the law by you are brought to our knowledge.
- D) Refunds
You hereby consent and agree that Students can claim a refund as per our policy and agreement with the Students and if a student receives a refund then you will not receive any amounts in such case.
If a student asks for a refund after we have paid the relevant Instructor payment, we reserve the right to either (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the Instructor or (2) where no further payments are due to the Instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the Instructor to refund any amounts refunded to students for the Instructor’s courses.
- Instructors Programs
Our primary motive is to ensure all courses created by you should reach its deserving audience and receive the desired traction. We have an analysis about courses which are deprived of traction due to either visibility, pricing or duration of the course. This observation is backed by an analysis performed on thousands of learners learning at vedantaeducationalacademy.com. The primary purchase decision for any learner is dependent on two factors: Duration of the course (this includes course curriculum and how deep knowledge is being shared by the Instructor) and Value for money (Am I as a learner having a better deal in the market compared the current offering).
Any new Instructors joining Vedantaeducationalacademy.com would be enrolled in the Value Traction Programme and inorder to opt-out or avail General Engagement Program reach out to the IRM
Inorder to meet this requirement there are Two programs for the Instructors and they are explained in detail below:
- A) Value Traction Program
Keeping in mind that all the courses from the Instructors are given high visibility, should have a market acceptable pricing and optimised traction this program was rolled out to enable and boost sales for the courses as well as benefit Instructors
- How it works:
- Based on the high engagement slots for the month the course is optimally priced during our high and mid traction daily time slots
- We ensure at any point in time the course cost is not going below Rs 250 towards a sale.
- Any change in the course pricing is immediately informed to you via email before the updated price goes live on the platform.
- No more price margins and then added commissions on the course. Flat 45% platform fees applicable on any course sale. Whether we promoted the course or it’s an organic sale, no commissions differentiators
- We don’t charge you varied commissions for sales due to various modes of sales.
- Sell the course at a value pricing to gain a pricing advantage while the course is in high demand and optimising the pricing while there is low traction to maintain an optimum balance towards revenues and engagement pulling out the revenue commitment.
- Ensure there is regular visibility to the courses via digital & social platforms, search pages indexing, learner community communication groups & brand ambassadors.
- 100% waive off on vedantaeducationalacademy.com fees whenever the Instructor brings a sale through the use of Instructor Program
- Instructors would be able to generate coupons and benefit their learner’s community.
- B) General Engagement Program
Instructor opting-out from the Value traction program will be under the General engagement program.
- How it works:
- This Program would have the concept of MBP and MSP. Minimum Base Price of the course is decided by the Instructor and Vedantaeducationalacademy.com would be responsible for the decision taken in regards to the Minimum Selling Price
- At any given moment the MBP cannot be less than Rs 100
- Whether we promoted the course or it’s an organic sale, no commissions differentiators
- The Revenue generated under this program would be split based on the MBP set by the Instructor and not on the MSP set by Vedantaeducationalacademy.com
- Instructor would have the Pricing control of the course in regards to the Minimum Base Price
- Instructors would be able to generate coupons and benefit their learner’s community.
- the Instructor will be entitled to receive 90% of the course discounted price on the Base Price.
- C) Coupons
Vedantaeducationalacademy.com has introduced coupons for the benefit of Instructors. Any Instructor at vedantaeducationalacademy.com can create a coupon for their own courses and share it with their friends, family and student communities. This will help the Instructor towards better visibility and the students to take maximum advantage of discounts for their upskilling. Nonetheless, Instructor coupons are one of the best ways for community building.
Further information in regards to the coupons is mentioned below:
- Coupons can be created for individual courses.
- A Instructor is allowed to generate 3 coupons in a month.
- Instructors can add any discount % while creating coupons for the Value Traction Program and 90% of the Course Base price under the General Engagement program.
- Instructor Coupons can be applied by a student while they are on the final cart screen.
- Instructors can name the coupons as they wish ensuring the same coupon code is not active by any other Instructor.
- Each Coupon will be valid for a maximum of 4 days at a stretch.
- The Instructor is entitled to receive 100% of the revenue on the courses sold by using coupons under the Value Traction Program and 90% of the Base Price set for the course under the General Engagement Program
- First Time Instructors
Vedantaeducationalacademy.com focus on the enablement of New Instructor of those who belong to the Industry professional community. Mentioned terms govern the exclusive agreement between vedantaeducationalacademy.com & “First Time Instructor”
Any Instructor who registers with vedantaeducationalacademy.com the platform and (1) have no association in the past with any organization as teaching or instructing partner (2) requires 21 days or more to publish courses. Those shall be identified as “First Time Instructors”. Relationship of vedantaeducationalacademy.com and “First Time Instructor” are governed by these exclusive agreements.
- a) “First Time Instructor” is required to deposit sum ₹3,000 (Inclusive of Taxes) as ONE TIME SECURITY DEPOSIT.
- b) The ONE TIME SECURITY DEPOSIT is taken towards the guarantee of the course delivery.
- c) ONE TIME SECURITY DEPOSIT is a completely refundable amount, which shall be refunded after the delivery of the committed course.
The ONE TIME SECURITY DEPOSIT is taken towards the guarantee of the mutually agreed course content delivery. You agree to these terms which shall HOLD/RETAIN the deposit in any or all case scenario.
- a) The Instructor fails to deliver drafted course content within 45 days.
- b) The Instructor delivers incomplete course content.
- c) The Instructor delivers fraudulent, pirated, or copyrighted material of a Third-Party organization/Individual.
Vedantaeducationalacademy.com holds the right to modify the scenarios under which ONE TIME SECURITY DEPOSIT may HOLD/RETAIN. Vedantaeducationalacademy.com may also increase/decrease the duration of course content delivery with Notice or Agreement with the Instructor.
We authorize you to use our Trademarks from the time you post a Course on the Platform and till such time you have posted at least one Course on the Platform, subject to the conditions and restrictions stated hereinafter. You hereby consent and undertake to use any part of our Trademarks strictly as per the following conditions:
- a) You will only use our Trademarks as we may provide to you;
- b) You can use our Trademarks only and only for promotion, marketing and sale of your Courses posted on the Platform or regarding your participation on our Platform;
- c) You shall fully comply with any other or further conditions which may be imposed by us while providing our Trademarks to you;
- d) You shall without delay discontinue the use of our Trademarks upon receiving intimation from us for the same;
- e) You shall not use our Trademarks misleadingly or disparagingly;
- f) You shall not use our Trademarks in any manner which may imply that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your Course or services;
- g) You shall not use our Trademarks in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material or in any manner such that it violates the law.
- Sanctions and Export Laws
You hereby represent that you are not restricted, in any manner whatsoever, from providing your services to, on or through the Platform as per law. You further represent that you are barred neither under the law of the jurisdiction where you reside or purposefully work for gain or under Indian Law from contracting with us or providing your services through the Platform to Indian citizens or citizens of any other country. If you become subject to any restriction as aforementioned then you shall inform of the same to us within 24 hours of such restriction becoming applicable to you and we will have the right to terminate any further relations with you, effective immediately and with no further liability to you (but without prejudice to your outstanding obligations to us).
- De-activating Your Account
You may de-activate your account at any time as per your discretion. You agree that you will abide on following terms
- A) You hereby consent and agree that:
- Any content draft, courses under review will be deleted immediately after closure
- Any saved information in your profile will be deleted immediately
- Published courses will no longer be available for purchase
- Your course may get used for marketing & promotion purpose
- Student who has purchased your course will have content access for lifetime
- You will provide support to your learners at least 6 months mandatorily from the day of de-activation
- Any Due Pay-outs will be held for 6 months from the day of de-activation
- B) Further you hereby consent and agree that you will NOT:
- Deny Support to any students
- Delete any part including non-video content from your course
- Restrict access to remote files shared inside the course
- Ask or Promote students for refund on the purchase
- Abuse any services offered by vedantaeducationalacademy.com
- C) Further you agree that you will NOT exploit the product, or diminish brand reputation including
- Abusive use of the discussion panel
- Asking Students/Instructors to unsubscribe from the platform
- Asking/Seeking Personal Identifiable information
- Harming/Threating Platform Users
- Spread hateful or negative information which may damage any student, Instructor or brand reputation
All mentions in 12(c), if conducted is subject to legal action under Government of Karnataka.
If Instructor abide by the all the terms in 12(b), 12(c), He/she shall:
- Receive his/her due revenue pay-outs
- May Create Account in Future and Publish Content on Lernmall.in
If Instructor violates any or all the terms in 12(b), 12(c), He/she shall:
- Receive a permanent ban on the Platform
- Confiscation of Any or All Due Pay-outs
- Subject to Legal Action under Karnataka Jurisdiction
- Escalation Process for Violations of Terms
- A) The Escalation Process for Violations of Terms follows the principle that Punishment for a violation increases if a User repeats a violation, whether the repeated violation is the same as the earlier violation(s) or not.
- B) The first violation will result in a Warning and the fifth violation will result in Suspension, i.e. Account being de-activated and Course being permanently banned from the Platform for future.
- C) Your record for the Escalation Process will be maintained on a six-monthly basis. However, we reserve full right to remove repeat violators from the Platform, without warning, even if they have committed only a single violation in a particular 6 month period.
- D) The Escalation Process for Violations of Terms is:
No.of Violation of Terms in 6 months – Punishment – Description
1 – Warning – An email from Trust & Safety about the violation and our Policies.
2 – Warning #1 – Suspension of announcement & direct messaging privileges for a month.
3 – Warning #2 – Courses blocked from active promotions for a month + suspension of announcement & direct messaging privileges for a month.
4 – Warning #3 – Courses blocked from new enrolments for a month + suspension of announcement & direct messaging privileges for a month.
5 – Suspension – The account is de-activated and the Course is permanently banned from the platform for the future.
- E) The aforementioned Punishments for Violations of Terms as per the Escalation Process shall apply at the Course level. Thus, all Instructors and co-Instructors associated with Course(s) in violation will experience their features and the said course being blocked.
- F) We further retain the full right and discretion to impose a more severe Punishment for a Violation of Terms than that specified by the Escalation Process for Violations of Terms.
- A) Binding Agreement
By registering on the Platform and setting up an Account, you hereby consent and undertake to be bound by these Terms and other terms and guidelines stated on the Platform as may apply to you.
The English version of these Terms and other terms and Guidelines shall govern our contractual relationship with you, and that if these Terms and other terms and guidelines are provided in any other language then the same is for convenience only.
These Terms read with other terms and Guidelines stated on the Platform shall constitute the entirety of the Agreement between us and yourself. If any part of these Terms or any other Terms and Guidelines is deemed to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable then the same shall be severed and the rest of the provisions shall continue to be applicable.
Clauses 2(d), 2(j), 3, 4, 7(c), 10, 12(d), 12(e), 12(f) & 13 of these Terms shall survive the termination of our relationship and your Account. The clauses of other terms and Guidelines stated in the Platform which would survive termination of our relationship are mentioned thereunder.
It is understood that any delay or failure on our part to take action under the contract shall not be deemed as a waiver of rights. Moreover, any waiver of rights in a particular case will not be deemed as a general waiver for all cases or Instructors.
- B) Disclaimers
You hereby consent and undertake that you will not hold us responsible or liable in the event the Platform is unavailable or inaccessible to you at any point in time for any particular reason including but not limited to technical, maintenance, security, update or modification purposes. We retain the full and exclusive right and discretion to remove, change, modify or update any feature, aspect, look, design, or technology of the Platform and your use of the Platform is subject to acceptance of this condition.
- C) Limitation of Liability
It is hereby agreed that our liability in the event of any damage, harm or loss caused to you, for any reason whatsoever, for which we are liable under these Terms or other terms and guidelines stated on the Platform, shall be limited to INR 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty Thousand only).
- D) Indemnification
You hereby agree and consent to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us, our personnel, Directors, employees, agents, licensors and Affiliates concerning any damage, loss or harm caused to any third party as a result of any actions by you or from your Account, including but not limited to the content posted by you on the Platform, your use of the Platform, your violation of these Terms or any other term or Guideline stated on the Platform or any violation of the law.
- E) Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by the laws applicable to and in the State of Karnataka, India and the Courts of Bengaluru, Karnataka shall have the sole and exclusive jurisdiction concerning any dispute between you and us.
- F) Notice & Communication
All communications to us concerning any matter, dispute, query, complaint, or claim under these Terms or any other terms and Guidelines stated on the Platform shall be made through e-mail to email@example.com.
You hereby consent that all communications by us concerning any matter, dispute, query, complaint or claim under these Terms or any other terms and Guidelines stated on the Platform shall be made through E-mail to the E-mail address provided by you in your Account.
- G) Sale Declaration
Vedantaeducationalacademy.com doesn’t guarantee any sales to any Instructor and operates transparently in delivering sales to Instructors’ courses. In our effort to bring sales on every course, we strictly follow a non-biased model. Vedantaeducationalacademy.com doesn’t hold any liability of no sale occurrence and is not answerable for any such concern raised from Instructors.
- H) Relationship between the Parties
It is hereby agreed that your use of the Platform does not constitute or establish any joint venture, partnership, contractor, or an agency relationship between you and us.
- I) Auto-Consent Policy
Vedantaeducationalacademy.com is duly responsible for all types of announcements & notification to its Instructors which concerns the Instructor’s consent. However, vedantaeducationalacademy.com holds the right to implement, modify, update, use, or make any necessary decision immediately or as required from the time of announcement or notification and accounting the consent on behalf of the Instructors.
- Dispute Resolution
- A) Amicable Settlement
It is hereby agreed that if either party intends to raise a dispute or make any claim against the other party, the party raising the dispute or claim will first write to the other party by E-mail and the parties shall, in the first instance, attempt to amicably settle the matter. If no resolution of the dispute has been reached within a month from the date of raising the dispute or claim, only then shall either party be entitled to proceed for Arbitration.
- B) Arbitration
It is agreed that any dispute or claim which has not been settled by Amicable Settlement as described hereinabove shall be settled through Arbitration as per the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 as applicable at the time.
In the event only that the claim amount is less than INR 15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand only) then the Arbitration shall be a document only Arbitration involving the filing of pleadings, documents, and written submissions but no appearances before the Arbitral Tribunal.
The Arbitral Tribunal shall consist of a Sole Arbitrator to be appointed by us within 30 days from the Notice of Arbitration being served. The seat of Arbitration shall be Bengaluru, Karnataka. The language of Arbitration shall be English.
- C) No Class Actions
You hereby consent and undertake that you will raise your claims against us, if any, only in your capacity and not raise the same as part of class action.
It is further agreed that any Arbitration between you and us will not be joined or combined with any other Arbitration between us and any other person(s), for any reason whatsoever.
- Updates to the Terms and Conditions
- A) It is hereby agreed that we retain the full and exclusive right and discretion to alter, change, modify, update or de-activate any part of these Terms and any other terms and Guidelines stated on the Platform.
- B) If we are doing any of the aforementioned acts, we will notify you of the same. Unless otherwise specified, any alteration, change, modification, update, or de-activation comes into effect from the moment the same is notified to you. If the same is not acceptable to you then you should de-activate your Account and completely cease using or accessing the Platform. You must further write to us at our E-mail address and confirm your intention of leaving the Platform in light of the alteration, change, modification, update, or de-activation, as the case may be. It is agreed that your continued use of the Account or the Platform indicates your full consent to the said alteration, change, modification, update, or de-activation, as the case may be.